Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Are you experiencing a toothache in Villa Park, IL?
Waking up with a toothache can be downright nerve-wracking. What could be going on? This state of disorientation is where our Villa Park, IL, dentists, Dr. Muzammil Saeed and Dr. Javed Bhojani, come in to provide your aching tooth with the care it needs. After all, a toothache is considered a dental emergency so the sooner you seek treatment, the better!
More about Toothaches
While there are several things that could be causing dental pain, the most common cause is decay. In fact, decay is the most common dental disorder to affect both children and adults. The sooner decay is detected the better, as it can continue to spread throughout the tooth. Decayed enamel will need to be removed right away, after which our Villa Park, IL, general dentists can apply a dental filling to restore the tooth.
Other causes of a toothache include,
- An abscess: This pimple-like growth on the gums is a warning sign of a dental infection within the pulp chamber of the tooth that may also have spread to the roots of the tooth.
- An infected/inflamed dental pulp: If this soft-tissue structure inside the tooth becomes infected or inflamed (often from decay, an infection, or a traumatic injury) it will need to be removed during a procedure known as a root canal.
- A cracked or fractured tooth: There are several factors that can lead to a cracked tooth, and if you notice that dental pain gets worse when chewing or biting, then you could be dealing with a cracked tooth.
- Gum disease: While this is a condition that affects the health of the gums, it can also lead to bone and tooth loss, as well as tooth sensitivity.
- Tooth sensitivity: This condition is characterized by a lingering sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks, as well as sweets. It could mean that there is a crack or fracture present or it could be a warning sign of dental decay.
- Impacted tooth: An impacted tooth is one that doesn’t fully erupt through the gums. This is most common with wisdom teeth, which are the third and final set of molars to come in (they usually appear during the later teen years or early twenties).
In order to figure out what’s causing your toothache, it’s important that you visit our emergency dentist immediately for treatment. Don’t just ignore dental pain, as the problem will not go away on its own. In fact, leaving a toothache can actually result in more serious and long-term complications. If you are dealing with a toothache or other distressing symptoms, call Villa Park Dental Care right away at (630) 359-0105.
Do your crooked teeth detract from your smile? Invisalign offers a simple solution to many orthodontic issues. Villa Park, IL, dentists Dr. Muzammil Saeed and Dr. Javed Bhojani offer Invisalign and other treatments that enhance your smile.
What is Invisalign?
Metal and ceramic braces use wires threaded through brackets to straighten crooked teeth. Adjusting the wires periodically changes the amount of pressure on the teeth, allowing them to move gradually. The innovative Invisalign system doesn't require wires or brackets. In fact, nothing will be attached to the fronts of your teeth.
Instead, straightening is accomplished with a series of clear, removable aligner trays that look a little like mouthguards or nightguards. The aligners are molded to fit your teeth precisely, thanks to the Invisalign computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) system. The system combines digital X-rays, images, and impressions taken in your Villa Park, IL, dentist's office to produce a perfect 3D image of your teeth.
You'll receive a series of aligner trays and will wear each tray for two weeks. Your trays exert constant, gentle pressure on your teeth, which slowly realigns them.
Is Invisalign a good choice for me?
Invisalign is an excellent option if you're concerned about your appearance or you have a bite problem. The treatment is just as effective as traditional braces in correcting mild to moderate underbites, overbites, crossbites and overbites. Severe bite problems or complicated issues may respond better to treatment with metal braces.
The aligner trays are made of clear plastic, which makes them practically invisible and offers a comfortable wearing experience. You'll remove them when you brush your teeth and won't have to make any changes to your usual oral hygiene routine.
You also won't have to worry about food restrictions, which will be an issue if you choose metal or ceramic braces. You'll take out your trays before you eat and continue to eat your favorite foods, even if they're hard or sticky.
Orthodontic treatment for children and teenager takes the same amount of time whether traditional braces or Invisalign is used. If you're an adult, you may only have to wear your aligner trays for about a year to achieve your straightening goals
Are you ready to improve your smile with Invisalign? Call Villa Park, IL, dentists Dr. Muzammil Saeed and Dr. Javed Bhojani at (630) 359-0105 to schedule your appointment.
If you have missing teeth, dental implants can close the gaps in your smile. Dental implants permanently replace missing teeth, restoring normal tooth functioning and your smile at the same time. Dental implants deliver several other benefits as well, such as reducing strain on surrounding teeth that were bearing all the work of biting and chewing food. At Villa Park Dental Care, Dr. Muzammil Saeed and Dr. Javed Bhojani are your experienced dentists for dental implants in Villa Park, IL.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace missing or extracted teeth, as well as their roots. The parts of a dental implant include a metal implant, an abutment, and a crown. The metal implant functions like a tooth root and holds the entire dental implant securely in place. During the placement process, the metal implant is placed into the jaw bone. Over time, the implant becomes fused with the bone through a process known as osseointegration. This process ensures the implant will remain securely in place.
After the process of osseointegration is complete, which can take several weeks to months, the crown can be set in place. The crown functions as a replacement tooth, with the metal implant acting as its root. The crown is connected to the metal implant with the abutment. Once in place, the crown will be the only component of the dental implant that is visible. The size, shape, and color of the crown are all customized to perfectly fit your mouth and look completely natural. Your Villa Park dentist can help you decide if they are the right option for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are numerous. Not only do they close the gaps in your smile, but they look and function just like natural teeth. The many benefits of dental implants include:
- Restoring your smile by filling in gaps and replacing missing teeth
- Preventing existing teeth from shifting into gaps where teeth were missing
- Durable and can last for many years with proper care
- Look like natural teeth
- Returns normal biting and chewing functions
- Reducing strain on surrounding teeth
Close the gaps in your smile with dental implants. They can restore the appearance of your smile, as well as normal tooth functioning. For dental implants in Villa Park, IL schedule an appointment with Dr. Saeed or Dr. Bhojani by calling Villa Park Dental Care at (630) 359-0105.